Monday, April 28, 2008

West Virginia

WEST VIRGINIA

After a week back in the office following the East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival, it was time for me to head back up to the northeast for the next several weeks. I left Asheville early Saturday morning and stopped of in Fayetteville West Virginia to visit my family , say hello to some of my friends whom I have not seen in a while, and of course do a little paddling.

Saturday evening I paddled the Lower New River Gorge with BJ Johnson and Pete Isscaro in our whitewater boats. Then on Sunday morning, after a delicious breakfast at the Cathedral Café, Todd Richendollar and I decided to take a couple Impex boats down the same class IV whitewater run. I decided to paddle a fiberglass Currituck and Todd opted to take a carbon kevlar Mystic.

The Putin





Todd getting ready





The old Fayette station bridge




Todd Running Fayette Station Rapid




The takeout is just below the New River Gorge Bridge




The run went really well and it was quite impressive to see how fast you can actually get down the gorge in a 17ft sea kayak. Good Times!!

Joseph Mosquera
Team Impex

No comments: